Authors of abstracts accepted by the scientific committee of AME2015 Conference (symposia, oral and poster presentation) are invited to submit a full paper of up to twelve pages for the conference proceedings. The deadline for paper submission is September 30, 2015. Papers will be verified for language, form and content by one reviewer. All accepted papers will be published in the proceedings subject to conference attendance of at least one of the authors.
- Limit of characters (with space): 30.000,
- Pages: 8-12 pages, including tables, graphs, frames, figures and references.
- Page format: page number on bottom right.
- Margins: 3 cm top and left, 2 cm right and bottom.
- Row spacing: 1.5.
- Font: Times New Roman, Size 12.
- Quotations and references should follow the APA Stile.
Call for Proposals
Submissions are welcome from scholars, students and practitioners across the many disciplines that contribute to the study and practice of moral education, including psychology, education, philosophy, sociology, interdisciplinary, cultural and childhood studies, among others. Plenary sessions and invited symposia will address explicitly the conference theme. We encourage individuals to submit proposals that address the conference theme, although any proposals that address the study and practice of moral education more generally are welcome.
This will be a tri-lingual conference – presentations will be in English, Portuguese or Spanish! In order to warrant the participation of AME members from other continents, however, most symposia, papers and posters will be in English.
Symposia: proposal and presentation only in English (There will be some invited symposia in Portuguese and Spanish)
Paper: proposal and presentation in one of the three languages (70% of the program slots will be primarily reserved for English).
Poster: proposal and presentation in one of the three languages (50% of the program slots will be primarily reserved for English).
Post-Conference Workshop Proposal
Would you like to submit a post-conference workshop proposal?
Workshops offer an interactive environment to explore issues in greater depth. The workshops will be held on the afternoon of Saturday November 7th and will typically last 3 hours. If you have a proposal for a Post-conference workshop, email the title, the names and institutional affiliation of the workshop leaders and a brief (up to 500 word) description of the proposed workshop to email@example.com.
All submissions must be in English, Portuguese or Spanish. All proposals must be submitted by May 16, 2015.
Proposals after that date will be considered on an as-needed basis until presentation slots are filled.
The corresponding author will receive acknowledgement of a submission by email after May 9, 2015. All proposals will be reviewed by a committee appointed by members of the Executive Board and Officers of the Association. The Program Committee plans to notify corresponding authors of its decisions by July 1st, 2015.
Guidelines for Submissions
Proposals must include the following information:
- State the title of your proposal
- Select up to three preferred formats for your presentation:
- Paper Presentation: These are individually submitted proposals that will be grouped thematically by the Program Committee for 80 minute sessions. The Program Committee will assign a chair for these sessions.
- Paper Symposium: Symposia are also 80 minute sessions. Symposium proposals will normally include 3 [up to 4] papers organized thematically and a symposium chair, typically the organizer. Discussants are optional but discouraged if it precludes interactions with audience members, and especially if the symposium has 4 speakers.
- Poster Presentations: Individual presentation in a collective 60 minute session.
- Post-Conference Workshop Proposals: See the Post-Conference Workshop Proposals information near the top of this page.
- Full name, title and affiliation of all co-authors institutional affiliation, title, email address and phone number. Identify the corresponding author.
- Provide an abstract of up to 100 words. This will be printed in the program.
- For review purposes, provide a 500-word summary of your poster or paper. For symposia submissions, provide a 500-word summary of each individual paper along with a 250 word rationale for the symposium as a whole.
- Provide three keywords to index your presentation.
- Provide the primary disciplinary focus of your paper (e.g., psychology, philosophy, education). If symposium proposals are interdisciplinary, please indicate this in your submission.